One thing I love about Chicagoans is the way that they spend as much time outside as possible for as long as they can. They might even tailgate when there is snow on the ground. While I wouldn’t tailgate in the freezing cold, I do like to take advantage of warm fall days. They are a perfect chance to get a last barbecue in with friends. And these Classic Cheeseburgers are just the thing to serve.
I created this recipe for the back of the packaging for PRE Brands 85% Ground Beef, and I definitely recommend using a fattier beef for burgers since it does give them extra flavor. The beef is seasoned with garlic and pepper, formed into patties, and sprinkled with salt. Then I topped with cooked burgers with sharp cheddar cheese. You can add a little ketchup or mustard on top too.
- 16 ounces PRE Brands 85% Ground Beef
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 slices of Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Place the beef in a bowl. Add the black pepper. Crush or mince the garlic, add it to the
bowl, and use your hands to thoroughly mix.
- Divide the beef into 4 equal parts. Use your hands to form patties large enough to fill the buns. Lastly, salt both sides of each burger.
- Cook the burgers over a hot grill or grill pan. For medium rare, cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Once cooked, add the cheese, place in the bun, and serve.
- Extra burgers can be wrapped and frozen for up to 3 months.
This recipe is part of my collaboration with PRE Brands Beef, and you can find this recipe on the back of their 85% Ground Beef packaging! And you can learn where to purchase PRE Brands grass-fed beef, which is free of added antibiotics and hormones, here.