Oh yeah. You read that right. And, you are welcome. Strawberry Nutella Cheesecake French Toast Grilled Cheese is the ultimate sweet brunch food, and the result of combining the most glorious things in the world: nutella, mascarpone cheesecake, french toast, grilled cheese, and strawberries. It’s two slices of brioche french toast, with nutella, sliced strawberries, with cheesecake filling inside. It’s over the top and indulgent and something you need to taste.
This would be fun to serve at a brunch. You could prepare the slices of french toast, layer them on the bottom of a casserole dish, add the nutella, cheesecake filling and strawberries, then layer with more french toast and keep it warm in the oven. It would be the prefect sweet item for a brunch menu – it could even be dessert.
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2/3 cup sliced Strawberries
- 2 teaspoon Sugar plus 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 cup Wisconsin Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Wisconsin Mascarpone
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla (divided)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 2 slices of fresh Brioche (1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Place the strawberries in a container with a lid, and sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over. Add the lid and shake. Let sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Pour the cream cheese, mascarpone, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla into a bowl of an electric mixer. Whip the ingredients together on a medium speed for 1 minute, until slightly fluffy. Scrape down the side of the bowl if necessary.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, remaining vanilla, and remaining sugar together in a shallow bowl.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dunk the brioche in the egg mixture, soaking each side of the bread completely.
- Place the bread in the skillet and toast until brown. This will take 2-3 minutes. Then add the remaining butter, and flip the bread. Toast until golden brown.
- Remove the french toast from the skillet, and spread the nutella on one slice, and top with the strawberries. Spread a thick layer of the cheesecake filling over the other slice of bread, and stack on top of the strawberries to create a sandwich.