This appetizer recipe is so simple that anyone can make it. Slices of prosciutto are spread with alouette cheese – a soft creamy garlic and herb cheese, and then wrapped around stalks of asparagus and roasted. It’s one of those flavor combinations that works perfectly. You can serve this as a side dish or an appetizer. I think it is a great appetizer to serve on Thanksgiving.
I love how the cheese melts and the prosciutto slightly crisps up around the tender asparagus. I also think it is fun to pick this up and eat it with your fingers. If you want to serve this as a side dish, you might want to wrap up three pieces of asparagus at at time.
Kitchens tend to be a bit hectic on Thanksgiving, but you could easily give the cheese, asparagus, and prosciutto to a less culinarily inclined member of your family, and let them assemble these rolls ups while they watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade or football. It’s the perfect task for someone with nothing else to do.
If you are looking for more appetizer inspiration, last year I pulled all of my favorite appetizers together into this Appetizer Guide.
- a bundle of Asparagus
- 2 packages of Prosciutto
- Alouette Garlic and Herb Cheese
- a drizzle of Olive Oil
- a sprinkle of Salt
- Cut each slice of prosciutto in half, creating two long strips.
- Spread each strip of prosciutto with a thin layer of the alouette cheese.
- Wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus (cheese-side facing down). Continue to assemble using up all of the asparagus.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and serve right away.