I have created a super simple recipe for the perfect party food: Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Peppers. The concept is simple. Stuff some seasoned ground beef in a bite sized pepper, add some cheddar, wrap it with bacon, and bake it. The result is a mini bacon cheeseburger stuffed inside of a vegetable.
I recently served these at a house party, and my friend Mitch argued that this is a healthy snack since a vegetable is involved. While it might not be healthy, the guys at my party loved these.
I used sweet peppers to make this snack, but you could substitute jalapeños to add a kick of spice. You could swap the beef out for ground turkey or chicken too. I used Cabot Cheddar Cheese, but pepper jack or Swiss would both be great too.
This is the type of recipe that is all about assembling ingredients. Anyone can make this, even if you don’t really know how to cook.
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 15 Sweet Peppers or Jalapeños
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 clove crushed Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Salt
- 4 ounces Cheddar Cheese
- 15 slices of Bacon
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil. Place a baking rack on top. Lining the baking sheet will make for an easy clean up, and the baking rack will ensure optimal bacon crispiness.
- Slice the peppers in half, and remove the seeds.
- Cut the slices of bacon in half.
- Then mix the beef, salt, garlic, and onion salt together.
- Cut the cheese into thick long chunks.
- Fill each half pepper with the beef mixture. Place some cheese on top, and wrap the entire thing with bacon. Repeat this process until you have filled all of the peppers.
- Bake the peppers for 15-20 minutes, until they bacon is crispy. Serve hot.