A collection of healthy and hearty avocado toast recipes that can be served for dinner.
It’s an avocado toast world and we are just lucky enough to live in it. Today I am sharing 5 avocado toast recipes for dinner because you should be able to eat avocado toast for every meal of the day! These recipes are a bit heartier, and a slice or two should be enough to fill you up for dinner.
Each of these recipes begin with the same avocado base made with mashed avocados, lemon juice, sea salt, and olive oil. The lemon juice and sea salt enhance the taste of the avocado, and the olive oil helps to achieve the ideal consistency for spreading.
Buffalo Chicken, Blue Cheese, and Celery
I know that I am not the only person obsessed with buffalo chicken, so why not put it on avocado toast? These two trends collide in the most delicious way, with the refreshing avocado balancing out the heat of the buffalo sauce.
This avocado toast is topped with arugula, a hard boiled egg, corn, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and crispy bacon. You can line the ingredients up into neat little rows, or mix them all together.
Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, Capers, and Dill
Charles and I go to Le Pain Quotidien every weekend (when we aren’t traveling) and Charles orders the avocado toast with smoked salmon every single time. (I always get the mushroom omelet). Charles says that my version is better because I added a thin layer of cream cheese.
Grilled Tomato and Mozzarella
Have you ever tried grilled tomatoes? They become extra juicy and flavorful. I used a grill pan to grill a fresh tomato that I brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt. This is a classic flavor combination and a wonderful vegetarian meal.
Prosciutto, Asparagus, Parmesan, and Pine Nuts
Toast is slathered with mashed avocado and topped with two thin slices of prosciutto, pan grilled asparagus, a sprinkle of Parmesan, and toasted pine nuts. The salty flavors of the prosciutto and Parmesan are balanced out by the creaminess of the mashed avocado.
5 Ways to Make Avocado Toast for Dinner
A collection of healthy and hearty recipes for avocado toast!
- 2 large Avocados
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 5 Slices of Bread
- Asparagus Avocado Toast Toppings:
- About 10 Stalks of Asparagus sauteed in 1 tablespoon Butter and seasoned with Lemon Juice and Sea Salt
- 2 Sliced of Prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Pine Nuts
- 2 teaspoons Grated Parmesan
- Buffalo Chicken Avocado Toast Toppings:
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Chicken mixed with Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Stalk of Celery thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Cobb Salad Avocado Toast Toppings:
- 1/2 cup Fresh Arugula
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg
- 2 slices of Bacon cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon Corn
- 1 tablespoon Diced Cheddar Cheese
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes cut into quarters
- Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast Toppings:
- 1 tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 2 slices of Smoked Salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon Capers
- a dash of Dill
- Grilled Tomato Avocado Toast Toppings:
- 2 thick slices of Tomato brushed with olive oil, seasoned with salt, and grilled for 2 minutes per side
- 2 thin slices of fresh Mozzarella
Slice the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop them out into a bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon, and salt. Mash with a potato masher or fork.
Place the bread in the toaster, top with two heaping spoonfuls of the mashed avocado, and add the toppings!
Want to save these recipes for later? Here is an image for you to pin: