Looking for a delicious holiday treat that isn’t as time-consuming as making sugar cookies? These Snowmen Rice Krispie Treats can be made in just 20 minutes!
I used a pretty standard recipe for rice krispie treats (although I do add extra marshmallows) and used a snowman shaped cookie cutter to cut out the snowmen. Then I added melted dark chocolate to add a hat, eyes, and buttons.
The final touch was to add a nose with a bit of melted marshmallow that I dyed orange with food coloring. Trust me, it’s much faster and easier than decorating sugar cookies, and you don’t even need to turn the oven on.
Snowmen Rice Krispie Treats would be a fun recipe to serve at a holiday party, something different to bring to a cookie swap, or a tasty homemade treat to give as a gift.
When you are making a recipe with just a few ingredients, every ingredient is important. Instead of using standard marshmallows for these snowmen rice krispie treats, I used Salted Caramel Marshmallows made by my friends at XO Marshmallow!
They infuse these rice krispie treats with caramel flavor, without requiring any extra effort on your part. XO Marshmallow makes a dozen different flavors or marshmallows including vanilla, coffee kahlua, champagne, and honey bourbon. You can order online or buy them in-store in Chicago.
And if you are in Chicago, XO Marshmallow is one of eight female-owned businesses participating in the Boss Babes Pop Up Shop on the first floor of Block 37. It’s an ideal place for holiday shopping since they have a unique mix of clothing, accessories, jewelry, home decor, and homemade marshmallows! And instead of supporting some big corporation, you are supporting small local businesses run by some amazing female entrepreneurs! (While you are at Block 37, I recommend grabbing dinner at Latinicity before going upstairs to the AMC Dine-In to watch a movie).
Save and share this Snowman Rice Krispie Treats recipe on Pinterest:
How to Make Snowmen Rice Krispie Treats:
Snowmen Rice Krispie Treats
Looking for a delicious holiday treat that isn't as time-consuming as making sugar cookies? These Snowmen Rice Krispie Treats can be made in just 20 minutes!
- 2 packages of XO Marshmallows about 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup Melting Chocolate I used dark chocolate
- a touch of red and yellow food coloring
- 1 skewer
- Set one marshmallow aside. Then melt the butter and remaining marshmallows over medium-low heat.
- Once melted, stir in the rice krispies. Once the rice krispies are evenly coated in marshmallow, pour onto a baking sheet and smooth into a flat even shape about one-half of an inch thick.
- While the rice krispies treats cool, melt the melting chocolate. You can do this over a double boiler or in a microwave.
- Use a cookie cutter to slice the rice krispie treats into snowmen shapes. Use the end of a skewer to add eyes and buttons to the snowmen.
- The last step is to melt that marshmallow that you set aside in the microwave. Add 2 drops of yellow food coloring and one drop of red food coloring, and stir. Dip the pointy end of the skewer into the melted marshmallow, then create the nose by placing small dollop of orange marshmallow on the snowmen, and then pulling the marshmallow down to create a triangle shape.
- Let the chocolate and marshmallow harden before covering.