Planning to watch the Kentucky Derby? You might want a cocktail in your hand as you do it. This Raspberry Lemonade Cocktail is perfectly festive. It tastes sweet and tart, and slightly fruity, and the club soda gives it a refreshing effervescence. It’s the type of drink that you crave on a warm day.
I love how this cocktail looks elegant but only takes about 5 minutes to prepare, and it is easy to add a couple of garnishes to dress it up a bit. I always have plenty of paper straws on hand since they instantly add a touch of formality to a drink. You could also add a touch of mint if you want to go above and beyond a simple straw and lemon slice.
I added the vodka right to the lemonade, but you can serve it on the side, which would add a kid friendly drink to a party while also doubling as a cocktail by pouring vodka into the adult’s glasses. My fruit of choice for this cocktail was raspberries, but you could opt to use blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries instead. Just by adding berries to the lemonade the flavor will start to infuse a subtle fruit flavor, for a more intense fruity taste you can muddle the berries, or simple crush them with your straw as you drink.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups Club Soda
- 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Vodka, I recommend Tito’s
- 1 cup Raspberries (you can use fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of Ice
- 1 Lemon for Garnish
- Pour the club soda and lemon juice into a pitcher. Add the granulated sugar and stir while it dissolves.
- Add the vodka and raspberries. If you are serving it right away, add the ice to the pitcher, otherwise, add the ice to the glasses and pour the lemonade over the ice to serve. Garnish with a slice of lemon.
Monday 6th of June 2016
This looks so good especially for a hot summer day or weekend brunch. I love the addition of raspberry to cocktails, they make the drink look so pretty :)
Wednesday 18th of May 2016
I love simple, delicious recipes like this. Thank you so much for sharing it on the #HomeMattersParty
Tuesday 17th of May 2016
Yum! These look very drinkable!! Love them! Thanks for linking up to us on Throwback Thursday!
Sunday 15th of May 2016
Tito's is the BEST. Love this refreshing bevvie!
Celeste @The Whole Serving
Saturday 14th of May 2016
Raspberry and lemons are so good together. Looks devine, have to give this one a try.