Summer is quickly approaching, so I teamed up with my friends over at PRE Brands to create a a quick, easy, and healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe. This recipe combines PRE-Brands Extra-Lean Ground Beef with a rich flavorful sauce with a touch of sriracha, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and peas on a bed of quinoa. It’s gluten free, loaded with vegetables, and it can be prepared in just 20 minutes.
This video shows you all the steps to preparing this dish. It shows that even though there are a good number of ingredients in this recipe, it comes together with ease.
This recipe successfully replicates the taste of beef and broccoli takeout, but is healthier since PRE Brands Extra Lean Ground Beef is 95% lean. It’s also an easy to adapt recipe. You can switch up the vegetables and use bell peppers, pea pods, edamame, or cauliflower instead of or in addition to the carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, and peas. If you want to add a little crunch, add some cashews. Or if you want more spice, simply add extra sriracha. It’s an easy meal to customize.
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup Quinoa
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup Water
- 16 ounces PRE Brands Extra-Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 cup sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped Carrot
- 1/3 cup Peas
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth
- Start by cooking the quinoa. Combine the quinoa, chicken broth, and water in a sauce pan, bring it to a simmer, cover with a lid, and let slowly simmer for 20 minutes, until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the sauce for the beef and broccoli. Whisk the soy sauce, corn starch, garlic, sesame oil, sriracha, honey, red wine, and beef broth together.
- Heat 1/3 cup of the sauce in a wok or skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the beef. Use a wooden spoon to break the beef up into small pieces. Let cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Then remove the beef and set aside.
- Add another 1/3 cup of the sauce to the wok or skillet. Then add the carrots and mushrooms, and let cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the broccoli and let cook for another 3 minutes.
- Return the beef to the wok or skillet, add the remaining sauce, and the peas. Let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork, and serve the beef and broccoli over the quinoa.