Sometimes inspiration just hits. I was working on a roundup of my favorite cocktail recipes, and when I realized that two used Halo Top ice cream as an ingredient, I started to wonder about other ways I could use it in my recipes. And somehow, the first thing that came to mind was french toast, and I ran with the idea.
The fun thing about this recipe (umm… other than the fact it is french toast made with melted ice cream), is that you only need four ingredients to make it! You just need ice cream, 1/2 a cup of milk, bread, and a touch of butter. And maybe some strawberries for garish and maple syrup for dipping.
Oh and before you think I am insane for using melted ice cream to make french toast, let me defend myself. First off Halo Top Lemon Cake Ice Cream only has 240 calories in the entire pint. And it has 24 grams of protein. And like french toast batter, Halo Top Ice Cream made with milk and eggs. Did that convince you?
I used Lemon Cake Halo Top ice cream to make this french toast, but I am sure that the other flavors would be just as delicious. This post isn’t sponsored by Halo Top, I am just a big fan of their work.
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 pint of Halo Top Lemon Cake Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Fresh Brioche Bread
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Sliced Strawberries, for garnish
- Maple Syrup
- Start by melting the ice cream. I just left it out for 30 minutes. Halo top has a unique, somewhat fluffy consistency, so it doesn't fully melt. That's ok.
- Pour the ice cream into a shallow bowl and whisk in the milk, until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat, and add just enough butter to coat the skillet. One by one, dunk slices of bread into the ice cream mixture, coating each side. Add as many slices of bread as will fit in the pan. Cook until the first side of the bread browns, this will take about 2-3 minutes. Then flip to brown the second side of the bread.
- Continue to make the french toast in batches, adding more butter to the pan as necessary.
- Serve with strawberries (or any berries) and maple syrup.
Saturday 20th of August 2016
Simple and delicious, just the way I like my desserts! Great recipe xo
Friday 19th of August 2016
Hi there Just stopped by to let you know that I featured this on my Saturday Spotlight post this week! Saturday Spotlight Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great weekend! Jill @ Creating my way to Success
Lisa @ Fun Money Mom
Friday 19th of August 2016
YUM!!! French toast and ice cream sound like a match made in heaven! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with us at Share The Wealth Sunday!
Thursday 18th of August 2016
French toast and ice cream together? Yes! Can I top it with ice cream too? Too much?
Wednesday 17th of August 2016
That sounds so yummy! Pinned.