I might love s’mores more than anyone else. When I was a kid my cousins and I had a s’mores eating contest, and I won. I ate 16 s’mores. I will never forget the pure joy of eating s’mores over and over again. Now that I am an adult, I am not challenging anyone to an eating contest, instead, I am entering s’mores recipe contests! This recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie and Brownie S’mores Cake replaces the Graham Crackers traditionally used in s’mores and instead sandwiches the marshmallow and chocolate between a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie.
My friends over at XO Marshmallow teamed up with Vosges Haut Chocolat to host a little s’mores recipe contest. XO Marshmallow is owned by my friends Lindzi and Kat, two young women in Chicago, and the business has been so successful that they opened a marshmallow cafe! I am so unbelievably proud of them, and I love featuring their marshmallows in my recipes!
XO Marshmallow is known for making unique flavors of gourmet marshmallows. Current flavors include Bourbon, Champagne, and Nutella – don’t worry you can order online. They sent me their Salted Caramel Marshmallows along with Vosges Haut Chocolat’s Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt Caramel Bar and they were the perfect ingredients for this s’mores cake. I loved how the marshmallow melted and how the caramel filling oozed out of the chocolate making this a gooey treat! If you want to make it extra indulgent you can add a scoop of ice cream on top.
I did attempt to make bars instead of mini cakes. That was a big gooey messy fail. Just use small bowls like I did. Ok?
Yields 12 servings
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- Brownie Mix (and all of the ingredients it calls for)
- XO Marshmallow Salted Caramel Marshmallows
- 2 Vosges Haut Chocolat's Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt Caramel Bars
- Ready to Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies (12 pack)
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare the brownie batter according to the directions on the box. Grease 12 small bowls (that can hold 3/4 cup of liquid) with butter. Pour 2 heaping tablespoons of the brownie batter into the bottom of the bowls, and place them on a baking sheet and then into the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the bowls from the oven, and add a marshmallow on top of the brownie batter in each bowl. The brownie will not be fully cooked - and that is ok. Return the bowls to the oven for a minute or two, until the marshmallow has melted. Then break up the chocolate bar into squares, and place a square on top of the marshmallows. Lastly, flatten out the ready to bake chocolate chip cookies and place them on top of the chocolate bar. Return to the oven for about another 15 minutes - until the cookie on top has browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve - this is best when warm.
Want to save this recipe for later? Here is an image for you to pin:
my favorite link parties