This food mashup is particularly delicious. Cheeseburger Quiche is a quiche made with ground beef and cheddar with a tater tot crust. It’s all the best parts of breakfast (eggs and tater tots) combined with a cheeseburger. Charles gave this meal two very enthusiastic thumbs up, and had a second helping (and usually he isn’t that into quiche).
You could definitely use the tater tot crust along with any quiche recipe – it is a gluten free alternative to using a pie crust. While I used a pie pan, you could use a casserole dish instead if you want to make a larger batch. The tater tots were crispy on the outside, while on the inside of the quiche the potatoes absorbed the egg a little, giving the quiche a texture similar to that of a Spanish Omelette. So the end result is a little bit different than quiche with a pie crust, but I think that it tastes even better.
This cheeseburger quiche really does taste like a cheeseburger and fries meets a quiche. It’s a little out of the box, but oh so good.
You might have noticed that I have been playing around with time lapse videos. I need to work on the lighting, but I think they are a fun addition to my posts. Hope you like it!
Cheeseburger Quiche Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 50 mins Total time: 1 hour 10 mins Serves: 6
- About 2 cups of Tater Tots
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Cream or Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
- a 9 inch pie pan
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees, then arrange a single layer of tater tots in a pie pan. (Check out the video in this post for a visual).
- Bake the tater tots for 10 minutes.
- While the tater tots are cooking, brown the beef. Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, season generously with salt and pepper, and use a wooden spoon to stir the beef and break it up into small pieces. Cook until just browned.
- Then whisk the eggs, cream, and a dash of salt and pepper together.
- Once the tater tots have baked for 10 minutes, use a spoon to crush them to create a crust. Then bake for another 10 minutes. Then top with the beef, eggs, and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 minutes, and then finish it off by cooking under broil to brown. Slice and serve!