It’s the middle of summer, but the recent fall-like weather in Chicago has reminded me that I need to take advantage of every last warm day. Sometimes that means having a rooftop picnic instead of a snack indoors. Last week, inspired by the Jewel-Osco #FuelURAdventure campaign I made this delicious homemade Spinach Artichoke Whipped Feta Dip and headed outside to turn an afternoon snack into an adventure.
I love partnering with Jewel-Osco since my local store is right in my neighborhood. It’s just a short walk from my home, and I consider walking home with lots of groceries to be part of my fitness routine. Plus, Jewel-Osco is part of the Albertsons Companyies family of stores, so even if you don’t live near a Jewel-Osco, you can stop at other Albertsons Companies store including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Market Street.
This summer, Albertsons Companies family of grocery stores’ #FuelURAdventure campaign is giving you a chance to win a $500 grocery gift card! To enter for a chance to win, share a photo featuring at least one of the participating products using #FuelURAdventure on Instagram and Twitter contest entry site through August 17. You can find more details on how to enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post.
Since the giveaway is about how you fuel your adventure, I decided to create my own snack time adventure. I have been making whipped feta frequently and serving it as a dipping sauce for grilled cauliflower. I thought an easy summer picnic would be the best way to enjoy the nice weather, and I realized that whipped feta is just the snack for the occasion. Instead of making plain whipped feta like I usually do, I adding some spinach and artichoke!
This dip comes together quickly and easily using an electric mixer. Crumbled feta gets combined with plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and a touch of olive oil. Then you just stir in some chopped spinach and artichokes. It’s a lighter version of spinach artichoke dip, and it is meant to be served chilled.
And here are all of the details you need to enter the contest! Entry to the Albertsons Companies stores #FuelURAdventure $500 grocery gift card giveaway is easy as 1-2-3:
- Take a photo featuring one or more participating PepsiCo. products (see below) showing how they fuel your summer adventure
- Share the photo on Twitter or Instagram or visit this website
- Use #FuelURAdventure and don’t forget to tag your local store!
PepsiCo Participating Products (you also get 4x Gas Rewards Points when you purchase these items):
- Quaker Cap’n Crunch (14 oz.)
- Gatorade G2 Lemon Lime (32 oz.)
- Lay’s Classic Potato Chips (family size 10.75 oz.)
- Tostitos Scoops (10 oz.)
- Quaker Life Cereal (13 oz.)
- Aquafina bottled water (24pk 16.9 oz. bottles)
- Gatorade (32 oz.)
- XL Sunchips Veggie Harvest Tomato Basil and Cheese (7 oz.)
I can find all these great products here in Chicago at my local Jewel-Osco store—be sure to check out these great products at your local Albertsons Companies family of stores, including ACME Markets Albertsons, Safeway Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Market Street.
For official rules and more details, click here.
Yields 6 servings
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Feta Crumbles
- 1 (7 ounce) Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Roasted Garlic (can use 1 clove of raw garlic instead)
- 1/3 cup Spinach (frozen spinach, thawed, water squeezed out)
- 1/3 cup chopped Artichoke Hearts
- Place the feta, yogurt, lemon, olive oil, and garlic in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix for 3-4 minutes, until it is as smooth as you can get it.
- Use a spoon to stir in the spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Either serve right away, or chill and save for later.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco. The opinions and text are all mine.
my favorite link parties