The craziest thing happened recently. It was a Friday, and the first time Charles and I were both at home in Chicago on a weekend in 6 weeks. We decided to mark the occasion with a low-key date night at Soho House. I put on a dress and as soon as I was ready I saw that Soho House had a small fire on the roof and was closed for the day. I was super bummed because I had been looking forward to ordering my new favorite thing on the menu: the cauliflower. It’s grilled and comes with a light yogurt sauce and has fresh flavors and is healthy enough that I feel good about eating it.
The next day I satisfied my craving by creating my own recipe inspired by the side dish I love so much at Soho House. This Grilled Cauliflower is glazed with a butter and sriracha sauce and is served with a whipped feta. It has just a bit of spice and the whipped feta with lemon is a perfect dipping sauce.
This recipe is really easy. Just slice a head of cauliflower into three chunks. Melt some butter, stir in some sriracha, and then brush the mixture all over the cauliflower. The cauliflower goes on the grill for just about 20 minutes, until it is tender and very lightly charred. The grilled cauliflower is served with a very simple whipped feta and yogurt sauce. The heat of the sriracha and the whipped feta are the ideal balance of spicy and cool.
We had this as a side dish, but a big portion would be an excellent main course for dinner. The heat level is pretty mild, but you could easily add more sriracha for an extra kick of spice.
I grilled a giant head of cauliflower, and it was a lot of food. We had lots leftover, and it reheated surprisingly well.
Yields 2-4 servings
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Feta Crumbles
- 1/2 cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- First, make the whipped feta. Place the feta, yogurt, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a blender. Blend until smooth. Remove from the blender, place into a container with a lid, and put the whipped feta in the fridge.
- Melt the butter and whisk in the sriracha. Trim any excess stem off of the cauliflower. Slice the cauliflower into three large pieces. Use a brush to brush the butter and sriracha mixture all over the cauliflower.
- Heat a grill to 400 degrees. Place the pieces of cauliflower on the grill, cover the grill, and cook for about 6 minutes and flip. If the cauliflower sticks to the grill at all, brush it with a bit of olive oil. The cauliflower will take about 20 minutes to cook, flip it 3-4 times cooking all sides. You want it to be tender and slightly charred.
- Serve the cauliflower immediately, with the whipped feta on the side.