Memorial Day weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year. Not only is it a three day weekend after a far too long stretch without holidays, it marks the unofficial start of summer. The weather has finally warmed up by the end of May, and the summer ahead always seems so full of possibility.
Memorial Day is always filled with barbecues and gatherings. so I have rounded up some of my favorite summertime recipes that are perfect for a party. I picked stress-free recipes that can easily be prepared without a big time commitment since long weekends are all about relaxing.
1. When I think of summer, I think of strawberries! Strawberry Mint Lemonade is a refreshing summertime drink that you can easily turn into a cocktail by adding some vodka.
2. New England Style Vanilla Bean Strawberry Shortcake is a classic recipe from my childhood. The vanilla bean shortcake is dense and crumbly like a biscuit and it’s topped with juicy strawberries and fresh whipped cream.
3. Looking for a fun dessert? Make Strawberry Prosecco Popsicles! While these don’t take long to make, plan ahead since they do need to freeze overnight.
4. This Raspberry Pie has a homemade jello filling made with fresh raspberries. Jello is one of the ultimate summertime foods, and something that almost everyone loves.
5. This String Bean and Tomato Salad is easy to prepare, perfect for parties, and the leftovers make a great lunch. You can use any tomatoes and basil you have in your garden to make this too.
6. Give bruschetta a Spanish twist and make Montaditos with fresh tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and Ossau-Iraty cheese.
7. Bacon Wrapped Scallops seasoned with maple syrup and cayenne pepper are a simple sweet and spicy appetizer that you can throw on the grill. You could assemble this at home, and then bring it to a party.
8. Have you tried a Watermelon Feta and Balsamic Salad yet? Something about these three simple ingredients just works. The sweet watermelon and the salty feta make for a refreshing salad on a hot summer day.
9. Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salads are the new trend for spring, plus the brussels sprouts hold up well against salad dressing so that you can dress the salad and let it sit for an hour or two. My version of the salad has dried cranberries, Parmesan, bacon, and a mustard dressing.
10. Pasta salad is a classic summertime barbecue food, and I love this Roasted Vegetable and Pesto Pasta Salad that can be served warm or cold. This is something I serve chilled at the party, but then I will warm up the leftovers and eat them for lunch.
Feel free to share any of your favorite summertime recipes in the comments!my favorite link parties