This appetizer is so easy! Sweet peppers are stuffed with a homemade cheesy spinach dip, wrapped with prosciutto, and then baked. It’s a lovely combination of creamy cheesy flavors and crispy salty prosciutto. And the recipe is so simple that anyone can make it successfully. Stuffed Sweet Peppers will make a great addition to your next party menu.
I love the freshness of the sweet peppers paired with the creamy cheesy spinach dip and crispy prosciutto. It’s the perfect two-bite finger food to serve at a party.
The spinach dip is made with frozen spinach, garlic, Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and Parmesan and it comes together in under 10 minutes. The process of filling the peppers and wrapping them with prosciutto takes just about 10 minutes. The cook time is 25 minutes. You can prepare the peppers a few hours ahead of time and just pop them in the oven when guests are about to arrive.
I think I talk about this a lot, but I think crispy prosciutto is just as good as bacon. Plus, since prosciutto is so thin, it doesn’t overpower recipes in the same way bacon can. It also tends to stay in place a bit easier.
You could skip the step of baking the peppers. The sweet peppers will have an extra kick of crunch, and the prosciutto will say soft. It’s totally up to you. You could also make a vegetarian version by just omitting the prosciutto.
The photos show a half batch of this appetizer, but the recipe below is for a full batch. The full recipe will yield a least 45 peppers, just the right amount to serve when you are having a party!
Looking for more appetizer recipes? You might want to try Asparagus and Mushroom Tarts, Caramelized Onion and Balsamic Vinegar Hummus, or Cheesy Mushroom Spread. And for even more appetizer inspiration you can check out my Appetizer Guide.
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 package of Frozen Spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/3 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup 1/3 fat Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 (3-ounce) packages of Prosciutto
- About 25 Sweet Peppers
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees, and then start preparing the sweet peppers. Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Use a garlic press to crush the garlic, and then saute it in the oil for 1 minute. Then add the spinach. Saute until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Add the basil, salt, pepper, yogurt, cream cheese, and Parmesan. Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Next, fill the peppers with the spinach dip.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto lengthwise into three thin strips. Wrap each spinach dip stuffed pepper with a strip of prosciutto.
- Place the sweet peppers on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let them bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Want to save this recipe for later? Here is an image for you to pin:
my favorite link parties