Are you still liking quiche recipes? They are getting repined a lot, so I keep coming up with new ones, but I hope that my longtime readers aren’t thinking, “Geez Kit, cool it with the quiche recipes!” Lately I have been making quiche with a tater tot crust because tater tots are amazing and this little hack makes quiche taste even better.
Recently I made this Spinach and Cheddar Quiche with a Tater Tot Crust to use up some random leftovers in my fridge. That’s what I love about this quiche. If you have some tater tots in your freezer (and you should because they are delicious) plus some eggs, milk, cheese, and a veggie, you are all set. Throw it together and make a quiche!
The tater tot crust gets nice and crispy, and I think it is so much better than a pastry crust. While I used spinach and cheddar, you can use almost any vegetable and cheese you like. Just use a nice melty cheese that will brown nicely.
This recipe is a great thing to serve when you have houseguests. You can make it ahead of time, and simply reheat it in the oven. If you want to be a little fancy you can serve bacon and fruit on the side.
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- About 2 cups of Tater Tots
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Cream or Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
- a 9 inch pie pan
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees, then arrange a single layer of tater tots in a pie pan.
- Bake the tater tots for 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the spinach.
- Then whisk the eggs, cream, and a dash of salt and pepper together.
- Once the tater tots have baked for 10 minutes, use a spoon to crush them to create a crust. Then bake for another 10 minutes. Then top with the spinach, eggs, and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 minutes, and then finish it off by cooking under broil to brown. Slice and serve!
If you are interested in trying other quiche recipes, here are links to Cheeseburger Quiche, Hashbrown Quiche, Asparagus, Mushroom, and Cheddar Quiche, and Roasted Tomato, Mozzarella, and Spinach Quiche. You can make any of these recipes with a pastry crust or a tater tot crust.
my favorite link parties