I have a very special treat for you today! I am sharing a recipe from Debbie Adler’s fabulous new cookbook “Sweet Debbie’s Organic Treats: Allergy-free & Vegan Recipes from the Famous Los Angeles Bakery”. All of the recipes in the cookbook are vegan and gluten-free, meaning that they don’t have dairy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, wheat, or refined sugar. The (early) arrival of fall inspired me to make the Pumpkin Pie Muffins, which I loved.
“Sweet Debbie’s Organic Treats: Allergy-free & Vegan Recipes from the Famous Los Angeles Bakery” is available for purchase here, and Debbie is generously giving away 3 cookbooks to The Kittchen readers! You can enter below:
Pumpkin Pie Muffins
Makes 12 standard size Muffins
12 standard-size paper baking cups
2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (see page 13)
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons sodium-free baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon guar gum
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup coconut nectar
3/8 teaspoon stevia powder
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
3/4 cup unsweetened plain rice milk
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups.
2. Whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, guar gum and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle.
3. Add the grapeseed oil, coconut nectar and stevia and stir to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and rice milk, and stir until the liquid is absorbed and the batter is smooth.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, dividing it evenly. Each cup should be about three-quarters full. Dust the top of each with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
5. Bake the muffins for 16 to 18 minutes, or until they are golden orange and bounce back slightly to the touch. Rotate the muffin tin from front to back halfway through baking.
6. Transfer the muffin tin from the oven to a wire rack and let sit for about 10 minutes before removing the muffins to cool completely. Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.my favorite link parties