These Mini Peach Pies are such a treat. Fresh peaches are sliced and baked in a crust with brown sugar, vanilla, and a touch of bourbon. This is a simple take on a traditional peach pie. It is sweet without being too sweet, and all of the ingredients serve to compliment the fresh juicy peaches.
I think peaches just taste like summer. They are just so juicy and fresh tasting. Even though they make me think of summer, I have good luck finding ripe peaches at my grocery store all year round. This means that I can eat Mini Peach Pies and pretend that it is summer in the dead of winter.
I recently completed a project that involved making over 100 mini quiches. I used 4-ounce disposable tins to hold the mini quiches, and since I bought them in bulk, I had over 800 left over. I also happened to have a significant amount of leftover pie crust – so it only made sense that I would make pies!
I love the idea of serving mini pies at a party. Fruit pies are notoriously difficult to slice and serve without making a mess. By making individual mini pies you avoid this issue, and everyone gets their own adorable little pie to eat. The 4-ounce disposable ramekins were the perfect size for the pies. It was just enough pie for one person. Here is a link to buy the aluminum foil ramekins online.
This recipe makes 6 mini pies, just enough to serve at a dinner party. Using store bought pie crust shaves off a lot of the preparation time. The active preparation time is just about 15 minutes, and the pies bake for just 30 minutes.
You could opt to serve these pies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. The way that the ice cream melts into the pie and contrasts with the warm peaches is perfection.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 4 fresh ripe Peaches
- 2 rolls of Pie Crust, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon (such as Four Roses or Makers Mark)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- a pinch of Salt
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 tablespoon Melted Butter
- Mini Pie Pans (I used 4 ounce tins)
- Optional: Turbinado Sugar (sugar in the raw)
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- The first step is to remove the peach skin. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Use a spoon to gently lower the peaches into the boiling water. Leave the peaches in the boiling water for 1 minute. Use this time to prepare an ice bath (a large bowl of cold water and ice). Once a minute has passed use a spoon to remove the peaches from the boiling water and place them in the ice bath. Leave the peaches in the ice bath for 1 minute.
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the pits. It should be easy to peel the skin off the peaches. Cut the peaches into small slices and place them in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla, flour, salt, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and stir to combine.
- Next, prepare the pie crusts for the mini pies. I used 4-ounce tins. Unroll the pie crusts, and use a biscuit cutter to cut 12 circles of dough. Use a rolling pin to make 6 of the dough circles 1/3 bigger and then place them in the bottom of the tins.
- Fill each pie crust with peach filling. You can slightly overfill them. Add a circle of pie crust on top, cutting slits in the top and sealing the pie crust closed with a fork.
- I recommend placing the pies on a parchment-lined baking sheet before placing them in the oven. The pie crusts might overflow a little and this makes for easy cleanup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and then remove the pies from the oven and brush them with 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Add a sprinkle of turbinado sugar if you have some. Bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm - you can reheat the pies in the oven at 225 degrees before serving if you are making them in advance. Add a scoop of ice cream on top if you want!
Want to save this recipe for later? Here is an image for you to pin:
my favorite link parties