I promise you, this unexpected flavor combination works. This Mango, Avocado, Jalapeno, Yogurt Dip is a healthy, fresh tasting snack or appetizer. And I love it so much that I have already made it twice this week.
When I was in New York City last month I visited the Chobani Cafe, and was introduced to this dip, and have started to make it at home. I am trying to eat a bit healthier now that I am back in town… and not walking 8 miles a day like I do when I am traveling. This is a snack that I can feel good about eating and throw together in just minutes.
This recipe is really easy to scale. You can make it just for yourself, or for a party. Plus, it’s gluten free, and has protein, potassium, fiber, and healthy fats. The jalapeño adds a kick of spice, but the yogurt instantly counteracts the spicy heat. I love how the honey adds just a touch of sweetness.
You might be skeptical of the seeds on top of the dip. I am not really one of those health food people who is into eating seeds, but I do think they give this dip an extra bit of crunch, and they add some protein too. If you really aren’t into seeds, you can leave them out. My grocery stores sells a super seed mix of pumpkin, sunflower, and hemp seeds that is surprisingly delicious, but you can use any of those seeds on their own too.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Non Fat Plain Chobani Yogurt (I swear it doesn't taste "non fat")
- 1/4 cup diced Mango
- 1/4 cup diced Avocado
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon Seeds (I used a super seed mix of pumpkin, sunflower, and hemp seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- Serve with Blue Corn Chips
- Place the yogurt in a bowl. Add the mango, avocado, jalapeño, and seeds on top.
- Drizzle with the honey.
- Serve with blue corn chips! Since avocado browns quickly, I recommend preparing this dip just before serving.