Ready to make a restaurant quality brunch at home? These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Strawberries are divine. They walk the line between sweet and savory and are a major step up from traditional buttermilk pancakes. The ricotta gives these pancakes a light texture while lemon adds a fresh lemon flavor and the juicy strawberries are the star of the show. These pancakes are easy to make, and on cold winter days making brunch at home is far more appealing than venturing outside.
I made these pancakes a couple of weekends ago when I had my friends Maya and Lauren over for brunch. Somehow we discovered that Maya had never seen While You Were Sleeping and we decided to have brunch at my place and watch the movie. Side note: I can’t get over the fact that Sandra Bullock pays a CTA token collector in the movie. Pancakes, mimosas, and a chick flick at home with friends is the ultimate way to spend a Sunday in the winter. We might just have to do it again.
30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Part Skim Ricotta
- 2/3 cup 1% Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Curd
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- serve with Maple Syrup or Whipped Cream
- Whisk the flour, ricotta, milk, eggs, lemon curd, baking powder, and salt together.
- Thinly slice the strawberries.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and melt enough butter to coat the bottom of the skillet. Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake filling into the skillet to make a pancake. Sprinkle strawberry slices on the pancake batter. Let the pancake cook until the first side has browned and then flip it over.
- Repeat cooking all the pancakes, and adding more butter to the pan as you go. You can keep the pancakes warm in the oven heated to 200 degrees while you keep cooking more.
- Serve the pancakes with extra slices of strawberries, whipped cream, and/or maple syrup.