I teamed up with my husband, Charles, to create this guide of holiday gifts for men. It includes his favorite things – many of which have stood the test of time. These are gifts that are thoughtful, practical, and stylish.
1. Canada Goose Jacket: A Canada Goose jacket is very warm, yet light. It’s worth the investment, especially if you live in a cold weather area. On a below-zero day, the feel like you are wearing a warm hug. We gave ours a true test, and took them to the Arctic Circle last January, and we were still warm. While these jackets aren’t cheap, they are very well made and last for years and years.
2. Bonobos Lightning Bolt Shirt: Bonobos shirts fit well and are far more fun than the traditional plaid, and they don’t wrinkle much when packed in a suitcase.
3. Bonobos Tiger Shirt: Another cheeky Bonobos shirt option, perfect for a casual Friday at work.
4. Ferragamo Tie: These days, men aren’t wearing ties as often, so all they need is 2-3 really great ties. Ferragamo is makings some of the best ties right now, and this bold green makes more of a statement than a bland blue tie (which every man seems to have half a dozen of).
5. Ferragamo Cufflinks: Men wear French-cuffed shirts for the most important occasions, and stylish cufflinks are a must. These by Ferragamo are classic and will never go out of style, and the price isn’t too outrageous.
6. Hermes Cologne: After an extensive search, this cologne from Hermes is our favorite. It has just the right amount of musk and pine scent.
7. Ted Baker Laptop Bag: A professional looking bag that has room a laptop and everything needed to work no the road. Charles has had his for 2 years and it still looks great.
8. Reversible Ferragamo Belt: A reversible belt that changes from brown to black is ideal for men who travel and only want to pack one belt.
9. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II 20.1-Megapixel Digital Camera: We love that this camera is small and user friendly. It’s great for travelers who don’t want to learn how to use a DSLR, or who want a lightweight camera. At $529, this camera is most affordable than investing in a DSRL and lenses.
10. Bang & Olufsen True Wireless Earphones: Wireless headphones for listening to music or podcasts on the commute to work or at the gym.
11. Travelpro Crew 11 21″ Carry-On Expandable Spinner Suitcase with USB Charging Port: Charles loves this suitcase because it comes with a garment bag for suits, and a built in charger for your phone.
12. External Battery Pack: This mobile phone charger can recharge your iPhone multiple times.
13. Microsoft Arc Mouse: A bluetooth mouse that flattens to become super slim so it can be packed away and taken on the road.
14. Ezra Arthur Leather Passport Wallet: A passport case with space for your business cards and other essentials.
15. Field Notes Notebooks: Field Notes are packet sized and made for on the go note taking.
16. Montblanc Pen: A Montblanc pen that you can get engraved that will make you look cool at a meeting.
17. Moleskine Notebook: A hardback leather-bound Moleskine notebook looks professional and
18. De’Longhi Espresso Maker: I bought this espresso machine for Charles, and it’s still going strong after 10 years of making espressos.
19. Lavazza Espresso: Charles’s favorite brand of espresso, to go with the espresso machine.
20. Reidel Tumblers: My go-to wine glass maker, Reidel makes these beautiful tumblers worthy of your best whiskey.
21. Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray: This is the perfect stocking stuffer for a whiskey lover. The larger sized ice cubes cool off your drink without watering it down.