This simple recipe for 30 minute bolognese is loaded with rich meaty flavor.
Short on time? Make this 30 minute Bolognese Sauce. It is a simplified version of classic bolognese sauce that is loaded with beef.
The ratio of ground beef to tomato is definitely more beef heavy than most bolognese recipes, but I love this hearty beefy sauce. And since I used 92% ground beef, this bolognese is big on taste but on low on fat.
You can even double – or triple – this recipe without adding much additional preparation time. So feed a crowd, or make extra to freeze and eat later.
I served my bolognese with some fresh pasta that I picked up at the grocery store, but it is also great on pizza and in recipes.
Recipes with Bolognese Sauce:
Zucchini Lasagna – zucchini replaces pasta in this healthier lasagna recipe.
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash – Spaghetti squash stuffed with bolognese sauce and mozzarella is a delicious dinner you will feel good about eating.
And use your leftovers to make Spaghetti Grilled Cheese, it’s a grilled cheese made with garlic bread and filled with spaghetti and mozzarella.
Or if you want to try another bolognese recipe, I love this Roasted Tomato Bolognese:
Save and share this 30 minute bolognese sauce recipe on Pinterest:
How to make 30 minute Bolognese Sauce:
30 Minute Bolognese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped White Onion
- 16 ounces Pre-Brands 92% Ground Beef
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 1 28 ounce can of Crushed San Marzano Tomatos
- 1 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup Parmesan or Pecorino
- Start with cooking the onion. Head the olive oil in a medium sized pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, this will take about 4 minutes.
- Add the beef and season with the garlic, salt, and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to incorporate the garlic, salt, and pepper into the beef, and to break the beef up into small pieces.
- After about 5 minutes the beef should be almost fully cooked. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and cheese. Bring to a slow simmer, and let simmer and reduce for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
This recipe is part of my collaboration with PRE Brands Beef, and you can find a version of this recipe on the back of their 92% Ground Beef packaging! And you can learn where to purchase PRE Brands grass-fed beef, which is free of added antibiotics and hormones, here.