You might be wondering, a Veggie Pasta Bake made with Tomato Bisque? How does that work? It works, and it is my favorite new cooking hack. This is a recipe that calls for just 5 ingredients, and it takes under 45 minutes to prepare – with very little active preparation time. It’s the type of recipe that is a lifesaver on a busy weeknight. It’s also the type of recipe that anyone can prepare.
Instead of making a sauce from scratch, I used Signature Cafe Tomato Basil Soup (find it at Jewel-Osco in the refrigerated section by the deli). I cooked the pasta right in the soup, adding extra flavor to the pasta, while thickening the soup into a sauce.
Once the pasta was ready I simply poured it over a casserole dish filled with spinach and mushrooms. Then I sprinkled mozzarella on top and let it bake for 20 minutes. You dirty one pot and one casserole dish. That’s it! You don’t even have to precook the veggies.
I can’t claim credit for the inventive idea of using store-bought soup as a sauce. I recently went to LA where I learned all about Jewel-Osco’s Signature line of products. And it was one of the best days ever.
First we went to the most gorgeous home in West Hollywood, I seriously wanted to move right in.
Then Chef Jeff Anderson, Executive Chef of Albertsons Culinary Kitchens and Technical Center, lead us through a taste test of products from the Signature family of brands.
He also fed us lots of outside the box ideas for using Signature brand products – like using their soups as sauces. The soups are seriously restaurant quality. The Signature Cafe Tuscan Tomato & Basil Bisque is creamy and loaded with tomato flavor with hint of red pepper that add a touch of spice. The Cauliflower Cheddar would be a fun base for a macaroni and cheese. He also came up with a chicken marinade using orange marmalade, orange juice, soy sauce, mustard, and sriracha.
After some light taste testing, we got to hit the kitchen and prepare ourselves lunch using Signature products to make our own flatbreads. This idea was the cutest! We all had such a fun time preparing our flatbreads and experimenting with different toppings. Everyone came up with something totally different. I mixed Signature brand pesto and alfredo and added sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella.
Then TIFFANI THIESSEN joined us. Yes. Seriously. Do you know how many times I have watched Saved By The Bell?! Not only was Tiffani well versed on the Signature line of products, she showed us some of her favorite easy recipes using them… by making us snacks. Yes, a star from a show that I grew up watching made me a snack. She made ice cream sandwiches with Signature Select Ice Creams, which she then rolled in pecans. It’s the type of dessert that you can have ready to go and in the freezer before dinner guests come over.
And can we talk about how sweet she is? She has her own show on the Cooking Channel, Dinner at Tiffani’s – you can watch it on Wednesdays at 7pm CT.
The Signature Brands launch event was an incredible experience. It filled my head with new recipe ideas, and I loved getting to sample the new products. I also loved the way this Veggie Pasta Bake made with Tomato Bisque turned out! You need to try it yourself, I think it will become one of your go-to fast dinner recipes.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 24 ounces Signature Cafe Tuscan Tomato & Basil Bisque
- 1/2 box of Signature Kitchens Rigatoni
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Pour the Signature Cafe Tuscan Tomato & Basil Bisque into a pot and bring it to a slow and steady bowl.
- Add the pasta (make sure that the pasta is just submerged in the bisque), and cover the pot. Stir the pasta every 5 minutes or so to make sure the pasta doesn't stick together.
- While the pasta is cooking, spread the mushrooms and spinach out in a greased casserole dish.
- After about 14 minutes, the pasta should be almost cooked, and that is exactly what you want. The pasta is going to keep cooking while it is baking, so you want to it be a touch too firm.
- Pour the pasta and all of the sauce over the mushrooms and spinach. Top with the mozzarella, and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, increase the heat to broil (or low broil if you have it). Keep your eye on the pasta as the cheese browns, which will take about 1 minute.
- Serve the pasta immediately. Enjoy and share your Signature secret with your friends and family!
Oh, and in case you are curious, the flowers in my photos are from Jewel-Osco too.
This post was sponsored by Jewel-Osco, the opinions expressed are my own.