Ekk! Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day! How did that sneak up on us so fast? Don’t worry, I am sharing a delicious recipe for a homemade gift that your significant other will love. S’mores Truffles are smooth creamy chocolate truffles stuffed with a mini marshmallow and coated in graham cracker crumbs. It’s all the deliciousness of s’mores packed into a two-bite treat. Plus, aren’t homemade gifts extra romantic?
I promise that homemade truffles are incredibly easy to make. The active preparation time just about 10 minutes, and the truffles need to spend 2 hours in the fridge before you roll them out. It takes about another 15 minutes to roll the truffles out. Chances are your valentine will assume much more effort was involved.
My Mom and sister have been using this same basic chocolate truffle recipe for years. The truffles are a staple on the dessert table at my family’s Christmas Eve party. I just took that same recipe and added the marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs.
Even those this recipe is super simple, it seems fancy, doesn’t it? These S’mores Truffles are practically guaranteed to impress your Valentine. For a fancy presentation, pick up pastry boxes at World Market, line them with parchment paper, and fill the boxes with truffles. Just keep the truffles in the fridge.
Don’t you just love the card I found for Charles? Sometimes when he dances he does this thing that makes it look like he is impersonating a T-Rex and it’s always been a joke between us. For that reason, I think this card is perfect. (In case you are curious… it was in the kid’s Valentines section at Walgreens).
If you are in a rush, you can cool the chocolate in the freezer, just don’t leave it in there for longer than 30 minutes because it will get too hard to roll out.
Yields about 20 truffles
2 hrPrep Time
2 hrTotal Time
- 8 ounces Sweet German Chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- about 20 Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Combine chocolate, cream, and butter in top of double boiler. The trick to using a double boiler is to get the water steaming hot - but not boiling hot. You don't want to risk burning the chocolate. Whisk frequently until the chocolate has melted.
- Add sugar and yolks and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Place in flat dish and chill until malleable - about 2 hours.
- To roll out the truffles, first, pour the graham crackers into a small bowl. Then scoop out about a tablespoon of the chocolate, wrap it around a marshmallow, and roll it into a ball, finish by rolling it in the graham cracker. Continue until you have used all of the chocolate.
- Keep refrigerated.
Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day. I hope you are up to something fun tonight!my favorite link parties