Know what’s better than a crab cake? Salmon cakes! When The Saucy Fish Co. asked me to partner with them I excitedly said yes without knowing what I would make with the salmon. It was my sister who gave me the idea of making salmon cakes. If you haven’t had a salmon cake before, they are similar to crab cakes, but obviously, made with fresh flaky salmon instead of crab. I think it is a major upgrade.
By using fish from The Saucy Fish Company, I eliminated the two most time-consuming steps in traditional salmon cake recipes since the fish comes already cooked, and it comes with a sauce. You can prepare this recipe from start to finish in just 15 minutes!
This is the perfect quick appetizer for when you are having friends over, it looks impressive, and your guests will have no idea that it only took minutes to prepare.
You could also transform this recipe into an easy weeknight meal. Just add a vegetable side dish! You could even serve these salmon cakes over a salad to make a complete meal. Or instead of making 6 small cakes, make two salmon burgers and serve them in a bun!
To make these salmon cakes you just need to break up the salmon into flakes, and add in egg, breadcrumbs, chopped red onion, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Mix, form into cakes, and cook in olive oil. It takes just 15 minutes from start to finish. Serve the salmon cakes with The Saucy Fish Co. sauce.
The Saucy Fish Co. sells four different preparations of cooked and ready to eat salmon. You can use any of them to make the salmon cakes. The different seasonings and sauces will give your salmon cakes a distinct flavor.
I made two different flavors of salmon cake using the Roasted Lemon and Herb Salmon which came with a Sicilian Lemon and Dill Mayo, and the Steamed Salmon Filets with Lime and Cilantro Sauce. It was easy to whip up two batches of salmon cakes and I loved how they each tasted.
The salmon cakes made with the Roasted Lemon and Herb Salmon had bright lemon flavor and the dill mayo was excellent.
The cakes made with the Steamed Salmon Filets really let the taste of the salmon shine through and the Lime and Cilantro Sauce had a wonderful fresh taste.
If you don’t want to go through the effort of making salmon cakes, The Saucy Fish Co.’s salmon comes ready to eat, is perfectly seasoned, and each flavor comes with a custom sauce. You can eat the salmon as is, or add it to a recipe.
Yields 6 mini salmon cakes
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 package of The Saucy Fish Co. Salmon
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2/3 cup Plain Breadcrumbs (or Panko)
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 wedge of Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Remove The Saucy Fish Co. salmon from the packaging. Use your hands to separate the salmon from the skin, and then break the salmon meat up into flaky pieces and place in a bowl. Remove the sauce from the packaging and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and add the breadcrumbs, onion, and mayonnaise. Squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl. Mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop up ¼ cup of the salmon mixture and form it into a small patty. Continue forming 6 patties. Add them to the skillet and cook each side for about 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place the salmon cakes on a platter and drizzle The Saucy Fish Co. sauce over. Serve immediately.
Want to save this recipe for later? Here is an image for you to pin:
This post was sponsored by The Saucy Fish Co. The opinions are my own. Learn where to buy The Sauce Fish Co. products here.my favorite link parties