I am an official ambassador for National Salmon Day. Chicken of the Sea and the maker of Minute®. provided me with products for the purpose of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed are mine.
This recipe for Salmon, Avocado, and Rice Salad can be pulled together in just 5 minutes. In anticipation of National Salmon Day on October 8th, I partnered with Chicken of the Sea and Minute Rice to create a meal combining both products. I was excited to work with Chicken of Sea because I think I ate Chicken of the Sea tuna almost every day growing up. And Minute Rice is a secret time-saving weapon in the kitchen.
I used tender Lemon Pepper Flavored Salmon Pouches for this salad. I paired it with chopped bell pepper and celery to add some crunch, chunks of soft avocado, and a light citrusy lemon-lime dressing. The result is a quick, easy, and healthy no-cook recipe that makes for a fun weeknight dinner.
I like how the Chicken of the Sea pouches make it easy to incorporate more salmon into my diet. The salmon is all wild-caught and it is high in protein and low in fat. One thing that I was surprised to learn is that Chicago is one of the top 10 salmon cities! We are one of the cities that consumes the most salmon in the country.
If you love salmon, there are a couple of ways you can celebrate National Salmon Day. First, you can participate in the #NationalSalmonDay twitter chat on Friday, October 7th at 12pm CT. Then you can enter the Salmon Loves Rice Sweepstakes – use the #NationalSalmonDay hashtag to answer salmon trivia questions for a chance to win a 7-day Alaskan cruise, Chicken of the Sea Salmon Pouches, and Minute Ready to Serve Rice products.
- 3 Chicken of the Sea Lemon Pepper Flavored Salmon Pouch
- 1 Package of Minute Rice Ready to Serve Jasmine Rice
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup chopped Celery
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Serve over Lettuce
- Start by preparing the rice. Following the directions on the packaging, remove the film, place the cups in the microwave and heat for 1 minute. Then pour the rice to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Chop the bell pepper and avocado, and pour over the rice.
- Add the celery and the pink salmon.
- Juice both the lemon and lime, removing any seeds. Whisk the juice into the mayonnaise to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing into the bowl, and toss all of the ingredients together to mix and evenly distribute the dressing.
- Serve right away, over lettuce.
This post was sponsored by Chicken of the Sea and the maker of Minute®. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this site possible.my favorite link parties