Rotisserie Chicken is one of my favorite secret ingredients. It is a delicious time saver, and it is the reason why this recipe can be prepared in under 20 minutes. This pasta combines diced rotisserie chicken and broccoli with a creamy lemon and goat cheese sauce. It’s cheesy without tasting heavy, and the chicken and broccoli turn the dish into a complete meal.
There is something so satisfying about broccoli soaked in a cream sauce. It is once of my favorite things to eat. While I loved this pasta with broccoli, Charles immensely dislikes broccoli, so I made his with asparagus and it was just as good. You could swap in any of your favorite veggies in this recipe. Peas, spinach, and bell peppers would work well with this sauce.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Chopped Broccoli
- 1 cup diced Rotisserie Chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 3/4 cup 1% Milk
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan
- 3 ounces Goat Cheese
- 8 ounces Fresh Pasta (Linguine or Tagliatelle)
- 1/2 cup Pasta Water
- Start off by steaming the broccoli in 1 inch of boiling water for 3-4 minutes until al dente. You want the broccoli to be slightly undercooked since it will cook more in the sauce.
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil to cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, work on the sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan and whisk in the flour. Then whisk in the milk and bring to a slow and steady boil for 1 minute, letting the sauce thicken. Once the sauce has thickened, whisk in the lemon juice, goat cheese, and parmesan, stirring until the cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli and chicken to the sauce, stir to combine, and keep warm on low heat.
- Next cook the pasta. Fresh pasta will cook in 1-3 minutes. Before you drain the pasta, take 1/2 cup of water from the pot and stir it into the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and pour it into the sauce and stir to combine. Let the pasta simmer in the sauce for 1-2 minutes while the pasta soaks it in. Then serve the pasta.
Want some more recipes that save time by using rotisserie chicken?
You can get the recipe for this Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Salad – plus 5 more recipes with rotisserie chicken here.