Today I am sharing a healthy lunch recipe that you can get excited about. This Curry Chicken Salad is made with greek yogurt and a touch of mayonnaise and seasoned with red curry and smoked paprika. The result is a flavorful, refreshing chicken salad with curry and paprika taste but not hot heat.
Since the curry dressing is made with greek yogurt, it’s a much lighter tasting version of curry chicken salad that still has the traditional sliced red grapes, celery, and walnuts to add extra taste and texture.
You can either use leftover chicken to prepare this recipe, or pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (it’s my favorite time-saving trick). Since you are starting with cooked chicken, this recipe comes together in 10 minutes. I suggest using a whole rotisserie chicken to make a big batch of curry chicken salad that you can pack for lunch all week. You can mix things up by serving it over lettuce, in a sandwich, or with celery for dipping.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 3 cups Diced Cooked Chicken
- 1 (5.3 ounce) Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise (I love Sir Kensingtons)
- 2-3 teaspoons Thai Red Curry Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/3 cup Chopped Celery
- 1/3 cup Red Grapes, cut into fourths
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Start by mixing up your curry sauce. In a small bowl, stir the yogurt, mayonnaise, curry, and paprika together.
- Then place the chicken, celery, grapes, and walnuts in a large bowl. Add half of the curry sauce, and continue adding more sauce until everything is evenly coated in sauce. This is a matter of personal preference, and I had about 1/4 cup of the sauce leftover which I can use a salad dressing.
- Either serve right away, or pack for lunch.
Want even more easy, time-saving recipes using rotisserie chicken? Check out this blog post for 7 more ideas! my favorite link parties