If you follow this site very closely, you might have picked up on my love of buffalo chicken, pizza, and ranch dressing, and you might have seen this post for Buffalo Chicken Pizza coming. Today I have combined some of my favorite ingredients in a fun new way.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza is covered with shredded buffalo chicken, blue cheese, mozzarella, spinach, green onions, avocado, and ranch dressing. It was delicious, and I think that I was successful in adding an appropriate amount of vegetables to the meal.
This pizza doesn’t have a sauce like traditional pizzas. The buffalo sauce, juicy tomatoes, and ranch dressing work together to prevent the pizza from being dry. While you don’t have to add ranch dressing on top of the pizza it does tone down the spicy heat of the buffalo sauce.
I quickly cooked up a couple of chicken breasts, let them cool, shredded them up, and added buffalo sauce. If you want to save yourself some time and effort, just buy a rotisserie chicken and shred up the meat. This meal is meant to be an easy answer to the constant question of what is for dinner. I used a store-bought pizza dough, which is another of my favorite time-saving hacks for making pizza at home. My grocery store sells freshly made pizza dough, but most pizzerias will sell it if you ask.
I added enough buffalo sauce to coat the chicken, but not enough to completely drown it. If you want to make your pizza extra spicy you can add more buffalo sauce, or you could add some sliced jalapeños! Bacon does tend to make things better, so add it to this pizza if you like!
I am very curious to know if you have a favorite brand of ranch dressing. Please leave your recommendations in the comments!
Yields 3-4 servings
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 ball of Pizza Dough (I used store-bought)
- Butter to Grease the Pan
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cups of Shredded Chicken
- 2 cups Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- Buffalo Wing Sauce (I love Franks Red Hot)
- 1 large ball of Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup Blue Cheese
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced Green Onion
- 1/2 an Avocado
- Ranch Dressing
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Then take about half a tablespoon of butter and grease a 13 x 18 inch pan. Roll and stretch the dough out so that it covers the pan. Brush the edges of the dough with olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken and buffalo sauce. I like to add enough to coat the chicken, but you can add more or less depending on how spicy you want the chicken to be. I add about 1/2 cup of sauce. Stir the sauce and chicken together.
- Spread the chicken out on the dough. Add the tomatoes on top. Then layer the mozzarella, blue cheese, spinach, and green onion on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Then increase the heat to broil and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has slightly browned.
- Dice the avocado and sprinkle it over the pizza. Serve the pizza with a drizzle of ranch dressing.