Roasted Bacon Maple Brussels Sprouts are such a treat. The brussels sprouts are roasted until they are crispy and they take on the sweetness of the maple syrup and the saltiness from the bacon. This recipe turns eating your veggies into a very delicious task.
Roasted Bacon Maple Brussels Sprouts are perfectly crispy and absolutely packed with flavor. I have always been a big fan of the sweet and salty flavor combination, and this side dish delivers – bacon and maple syrup are a perfect pairing.
To prepare this simple Roasted Bacon Maple Brussels Sprouts side dish you just need about 10 minutes of preparation time. First you slice the ends off the brussels sprouts and then slice them in half. The sliced brussels sprouts get tossed in melted butter, maple syrup, and salt, then spread out on a baking sheet and topped with diced bacon. Once the brussels sprouts go into the oven they need to roast for just about 35 minutes.
Make sure you use real maple syrup, it is more expensive, but it is worth it. It has much more flavor, and it is made without artificial ingredients. Since I grew up in Maine, I grew up eating real Maine maple syrup, and I can’t stand the artificial stuff.
One trick to preparing Roasted Bacon Maple Brussels Sprouts, is to use a pan that isn’t too big. If the pan is too big the maple syrup will spread out and it might burn. It won’t burn the sprouts, but it can make your kitchen a little smokey. To prevent the maple syrup from burning, use a parchment-lined pan that will crowd the brussels sprouts.
I served these bacon maple brussels sprouts with beer can chicken and garlic ranch parmesan roasted potatoes. It was a delicious meal that required less than 30 minutes of active preparation time, and it yielded enough food to easily serve four adults.
How to make Roasted Bacon Maple Brussels Sprouts:
Roasted Bacon Maple Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound of Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 slices of Bacon
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Slice the ends off of the brussels sprouts, remove the dirty outer leaves, and then slice the sprouts into halves or quarters. Place in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter, and then pour it over the brussels sprouts. Add the maple syrup and salt, and stir to evenly coat the brussels sprouts. Then pour into the parchment-lined baking dish.
- Chop the bacon and then sprinkle it over the top of the brussels sprouts.
- Place the brussels sprouts in the oven to roast. After 20 minutes flip them over, and then return to the oven for another 15 minutes. Serve right away.
One trick to preparing Roasted Bacon Maple Brussels Sprouts, is to use a pan that isn't too big. If the pan is too big the maple syrup will spread out and it might burn. It won't burn the sprouts, but it can make your kitchen a little smokey. To prevent the maple syrup from burning, use a parchment-lined pan that will crowd the brussels sprouts.