Looking for a dessert for the Fourth of July? These American Flag Cookie Pizzas are both patriotic and easy to prepare. Store-bought sugar cookie dough is baked off, cut into rectangles, topped with no-bake cheesecake filling, and decorated with fresh strawberries and blueberries. The combination of the crispy sugar cookie with the creamy cheesecake and fresh juicy berries is simply perfect.
I first discovered cookies pizzas when a friend would make them for parties. She made one giant cookie, and would slice it and serve it like a pizza. I thought that it would be fun to make individual cookie pizzas decorated like the American Flag to celebrate Independence Day, but you can switch up the fruit and the design of the cookie pizza. You could even add a layer of nutella (I experimented with this but the chocolate swirled with the cheesecake and it wasn’t ideal of the flag theme).
I brought these cookies to a picnic with a group of my girlfriends (my third picnic in five days – because when summer arrives in Chicago you need to make the most of it). They traveled well and are just the thing to being to a 4th of July party. (above photo by Lauren)
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 Package Store-Bought Sugar Cookie Dough
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 4 ounces Mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Roll the cookie dough out into a large rectangle.Bake according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheesecake topping by combining the cream cheese, mascarpone, milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on a medium speed, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Mix for 1 minute, until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Once the cookie dough has baked, use a pizza cutter to slice the cookie into smaller rectangular cookies about 3x4 inches in size.
- Spread a layer of the cheesecake topping over the cookies. Then decorate with blueberries and strawberries. I cut the strawberries into thin strips so that I could use them to make the stripes for the flag.
- Serve within a hour so that the cheesecake topping doesn't cause the cookie to become soggy.