Halloween is just around the corner, and you’re more ready than you think. With a little creativity and some digging through your closet, you can make one of these easy costumes in no time!
1. A certain dynamic duo of Figure Skating Announcers won America’s hearts with their commentary and coordinated outfits at the Sochi Olympics. To get this look, choose colorful or decorative blazers and big bold necklaces. For the first look, wear your hair in a big messy side braid with a headband. For the second look, button your shirt all the way and then wear a necklace tucked under the collar. Complete the look with a headset (you might be able to borrow one from your office).
2. Chambray shirts are a huge trend, and the perfect thing to wear for a Rosie the Riveter costume. Just roll up the sleeves and wear the shirt with jeans. Then tie your hair up with a red bandana. Finish the look with red lipstick.
3. Inspired by a popular cooking competition show, this Chef Contestant costume is a funny play on words, and almost everyone has the ingredients for this costume at home. Wear an apron, fill the pockets with some kitchen tools, add an iron and you are good to go.
4. Monster Family Daughter is a classic spooky and always recognizable theme. Wear a simple black dress, with a collared white shirt underneath. This is a simple and cute costume. The key to people understanding who you are, is to tie your hair into two braids.
5. 1950s American Teens is a classic Halloween costume, and now that leather jackets are popular, you probably have everything you need for this costume. For a female, wear black leggings, a black off the shoulder shirt, a leather jacket, and heels. Curl your hair and add red lipstick. For a male – it really is all about slicking back the hair, then a simple white tee and cuffed jeans complete the look.
6. Have a graduation gown? Then you can make an easy Wizarding Student Costume. Wear a white shirt and a two colored stripped tie and the graduation gown over. Then grab a stick from your backyard to be your wand.
7. If you want to go black tie for Halloween, you have a few different costume options:
The first is to pair up with someone and go as an award show presenter and the award winner. One of you can carry the envelope with the winner’s name, and the other can carry an award.
Next is the classic International Superspy costume. Just wear a sleek dark suit and carry a martini glass with you – and don’t forget your sophisticated love interest.
Dating Show Finalists works well as a couples costume, a group costume, or for someone on their own. Dress up and carry roses. If you are on your own, dress up and carry a bouquet.
This post was originally published on Coca-Cola Journey.