This is the type of meal that will come to your rescue. This naan and whipped feta pizza can be made in just 15 minutes, and it can be served as a meal or an appetizer. Throw it together on a busy Monday night, or serve it when you have last minute visitors.
While I am not the biggest fan of feta, I do love whipped feta, and adding a bit of black pepper helps to balance out the saltiness. The creamy whipped cheese, savory basil pesto, warm roasted tomatoes, and toasted pine nuts on this “pizza” are a perfect flavor pairing, and a fun take on pizza.
If you aren’t familiar with naan, let me introduce you. Naan is a flatbread that has a texture that is part dough and part bread. It’s sturdy enough to handle toppings, but still soft. It makes for a fine substitute for pizza dough. It is available at the grocery store and it comes in different flavors too. I grabbed a garlic naan to compliment the pesto and feta.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 8 ounces Feta Cheese
- 1/3 cup Whipped Cream Cheese
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil, separated
- a dash of Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Pine Nuts
- Start by roasting your tomatoes. Slice them in quarters, and toss in a teaspoon of olive oil. Top with salt and pepper, and roast in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the feta, whipped cream cheese, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and a dash of black pepper in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, or a food processor. Mix for 2-3 minutes on medium, until completely smooth. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Next toast the pine nuts. Toss the pine nuts in a last teaspoon of olive oil, and then place in a skillet over low heat , stir frequently until toasted. Keep a close eye on the pine nuts since they will toast quickly.
- Place the naan in the oven alongside the tomatoes for 3-4 minutes, until warm.
- Now that your tomatoes are soft and roasted, the cheese is whipped, and the pine nuts are toasted, assemble your pizza.
- Spread a layer of whipped feta over the warm naan. Then add pesto, the tomatoes, and finally the toasted pine nuts. Serve right away.