This hearty steak chili recipe is a delicious easy to prepare meal that you will be making on repeat all winter long.
Sundays are made for staying home and cooking in your pajamas, right? It is the day to hang at home and stir the pot on the stove. My Sunday cooking adventures just got a lot easier now that my go-to grocery store, Jewel-Osco is offering online ordering and home delivery. Most recently, I had groceries delivered on a cold drizzly day so that I could make a big batch of hearty steak chili without going outside in the bad weather.
I live so close to Jewel-Osco that it might seem silly to have my groceries delivered, but I don’t have a car. Walking to the grocery store in the snow isn’t fun, and carrying groceries home during a snowstorm is less fun. Even when the weather is agreeable, sometimes I need to buy more food than I can carry. When we host parties or I am working on a big recipe shoot for the site, grocery delivery is incredibly helpful. It also saves so much time!
Jewel-Osco offers 1 hour delivery windows starting at 7am and ending at 10pm, seven days a week. Heads up, you need to place your order by 1pm to be eligible for same-day delivery. Home delivery with a 4-hour winder is typically free too! You can also use the online ordering system and mobile app to order groceries for pick up through their Drive Up & Go service!
The online ordering system is really easy to use, and it saves your order history so you can quickly reorder your grocery essentials. I was able to add the milk, eggs, and bread I needed to my cart, and then use the search tool to quickly purchase the ingredients I needed to make my hearty steak chili.
I love chunky chili. Instead of using ground beef, I like to chop up sirloin steak. It makes the chili even heartier. You could use ground beef instead. You could even use ground turkey if you don’t eat red meat.
This recipe makes a lot of chili. That is why I love chili so much, it is easy to make a huge batch, and it freezes very well. Plus, since it is made in one pot, it doesn’t make much of a mess in your kitchen.
I added a combination of poblano peppers and jalapeños to give the chili a kick of spicy heat. I also added bell peppers, onion, garlic, black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, and salsa.
I serve the chili topped with sour cream, cheese, sliced jalapeños, and a touch of cilantro.
Before we get to the recipe, Jewel-Osco has some savings for you!
Jewel-Osco is offering $25 off and free delivery on your first order when you spend $100 or more – this is a great way to do your Holiday shopping! Just use code JEWEL. Or, for free delivery on orders over $30 use code FREE.
This hearty steak chili is an easy to prepare meal that is loaded with protein and vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 lbs of Sirloin Steak
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Japaleno Pepper
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 1 15 ounce can of Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can of Rotel
- 1 6 ounce can of Tomato Paste
- 1 16 ounce can of Salsa
- 1 15 ounce can of Black Beans
- 1 15 ounce can of Kidney Beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chili Power
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- First you need to chop up the steak.
- Next, heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add the beef, generously season it with salt and pepper, and then brown the beef.
- While the beef is cooking, chop the onion and peppers. Finely chop the garlic.
- Once the beef has browned, remove it from pot with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Leave the drippings in the pot, and then add the onion and sauté until translucent. Then add the garlic, and let cook for 1 minute. Next add the poblano peppers, bell peppers, and jalapeño pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Return the beef to the pot, and add the beef broth, diced tomatoes, rotel, tomato paste, salsa, black beans, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, chipotle chili power, cayenne, and paprika.
- Bring the mixture to a slow and steady simmer, and let simmer for at least an hour and a half.
- At the end of the cooking process you may want to add more spices to taste.
Want to save this Hearty Steak Chili for later? Here is an image for you to pin:
This post was sponsored by Jewel-Osco, the opinions expressed are my own.