I am from a family that loves Oreos. There is an Oreo drawer in my parents’ kitchen. I had heard about “Slutty Brownies” which combines brownie mix, chocolate chip cookie dough, and Oreos, and was intrigued by idea of using Oreos as an ingredient in a dessert. Instead of making brownies, I thought it would be fun to make cookies by combining chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreos, and caramel. As I am sure you can imagine, the combination of ingredients was absolutely delightful.
These Chocolate Chip Caramel Oreo Cookies are simply made by layering the cookie dough, Oreos, and caramel. I served this creation at my latest party and my friends kept going back for more until the plate was empty. I used both traditional Oreos, and Golden Oreos, which are similar to EL Fudges, to prepare this dessert. There are so many different flavors of Oreos now, so you can experiment with different flavor combinations.
I used homemade caramel, but you could also use a store-bought caramel if you want to cut down on the preparation time.
15 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- Store-Bought Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Start by preparing the caramel. Melt the butter in a saucepan, and whisk in the brown sugar. Once it has melted, add the heavy cream. Bring to a simmer, and let the caramel reduce and thicken for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Press about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough into a cupcake pan. Press the dough up the sides of the pan, forming a cup.
- Place an Oreo in the middle.
- Pour a heaping tablespoon of caramel over the cookie.
- Top with about one tablespoon of flattened cookie dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, run a knife around the cookies to separate them from the pan, but do not remove the cookies from the pan until the cookies have cooled.
- Once the cookies have cooled removed them from the pan and serve.