This stir fry is a great quick meal that incorporates lots of vegetables. Today I am sharing a recipe for a Beef and Asparagus Quinoa Stir Fry can be prepared in just 20 minutes, and it can easily be scaled to make larger batches. It’s an Asian style stir fry dish with quinoa, asparagus, carrots, and peas seasoned with sesame oil and soy sauce. Quinoa replaces the rice that is traditionally used in stir fry dishes, and its fluffiness adds a nice texture to the meal. Ground beef is seasoned with sesame oil and soy, and then vegetables are steamed. The result is tender beef, and a slight crunch from the carrots and asparagus. It’s a fast weeknight meal that is fun to prepare.
This meal can easily and quickly be made on the weekend and then packed for lunch. It reheats well in a microwave, and is a more fun lunch than a sandwich. Want to add a little heat? Stir in some sriracha. I firmly believe that everyone should have a bottle of sriracha in their home.
Want to try another Quinoa Stir Fry, try this Cashew Chicken Quinoa Stir Fry.
An Asian style stir fry dish with quinoa, asparagus, carrots, and peas seasoned with sesame oil and soy sauce.
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 12 ounces Ground Beef
- 3/4 cup Quinoa
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Asparagus
- 3 Carrots
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Peas
- Combine the water and quinoa in a small pot. Bring to a simmer, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Get to work on the beef and vegetables while the quinoa cooks.
- Slice the carrots in pieces 1/8 of a inch thick and then chop the asparagus into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Add the ground beef, and stir to evenly season. Use a wooden spoon to break the beef up into small pieces. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until almost all of the beef has browned.
- Place the carrots on top of the beef. Cover the skillet, reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Then drizzle the remaining sesame oil and soy sauce over. Add the peas and asparagus. Stir, increase the heat to medium low, then cover the skillet again and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork, and add it to the beef and vegetable mixture. Stir everything together and then scoop onto plates.