What would Thanksgiving be without pie?! I am one of those people who thinks that pie is superior to cake, and I love how pie takes center stage on Thanksgiving. I believe that you need to serve at least two pies on Thanksgiving and that one needs to be a fruit pie (like apple or pumpkin) and the second needs to involve chocolate.
This Walnut Chocolate Pie is a delicious option. It has a lighter texture with chunks of walnuts. It’s definitely on the sweeter side but the slight bitterness from the chocolate balances it out. You can taste just a hint of the bourbon.
This recipe is really easy. It’s one of those pie recipes that just involves mixing up some ingredients, pouring them into a frozen pie crust, and baking it. Thanksgiving already involves so much baking, take advantage of this quick and easy recipe.
I recommend warming this pie up in the oven before serving. It tastes better when the chocolate has melted. This pie pairs wonderfully with caramel ice cream.
- 1 Frozen Deep Dish Pie Crust (Pillsbury makes these)
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Light Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- ¾ cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, bourbon, salt, and eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on a medium speed for 1 minute. Then stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the center sets.
Adapted from Pillsbury.