The Fourth of July is just around the corner, so I have crafted a quick, easy, and festive dessert to serve for the occasion. These patriotic cheesecake parfaits are no bake, and they take advantage of fresh seasonal produce. This is just the dessert to serve at your Independence Day gathering.
I have used this simple no bake cheesecake recipe before. It’s lighter in consistency and not overly sweet. My husband isn’t really a fan of sweet desserts, but he eagerly ate an entire cheesecake parfait.
This dessert would also be delicious with a bit of chocolate. You could add mini chocolate chips – or if you really want to go for it, bits of brownie to these parfaits. You could also swap out the berries for raspberries and blackberries. It’s up to you to decide.
I like this recipe for summer because it is chilled, and no baking is required (the last thing you want to do on a hot summer day is turn your oven on). Plus, this cheesecake can be made a day ahead of time.
This recipe makes 4 large servings – you could easily make 6 parfaits if you prefer.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces Mascarpone
- 12 Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- First make the whipped cream. Place 1/2 cup of the whipping cream into an electric mixer. Add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat on a medium high setting until soft peaks form, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Then remove the whipped cream from the mixer, and place it in a pipping bag.
- Rinse the bowl of the electric mixer, and then add the remaining heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, mascarpone, and the remaining powdered sugar. Whip together on a medium speed, until slightly fluffy. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Now assemble the cheesecake parfaits. I started by adding about 1/4 cup of the cheesecake filling to the bottom of 4 glasses. Then slice 8 of the strawberries and add 2 of the sliced strawberries to each glass. Add another layer of cheesecake, and top with the blueberries. Finally, add whipped cream and a whole strawberry to garnish.
- Keep chilled until you are ready to serve.